Criticial Home Repair Program
The Critical Home Repair program, helps low-income homeowners who are affected by age, disability or family circumstances and struggle to maintain the integrity of their homes. Through Critical Home Repair, they are able to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity.
Habitat’s work through the Critical Home Repair Program will include handicap accessibility modifications (wheelchair ramps, grab bars, and handrails), roof repair, minor floor repair, and other health and safety home repairs. Critical Home Repair is NOT an emergency repair program.
Weatherization assists homeowners with repairs and renovations designed to improve their house’s energy efficiency. Eligible repairs include, caulking windows and doors, installing door sweeps, window repair, etc.
We accept families/individuals for our Critical Home Repair Program based on the following criteria:
• Applicant must own the home and have been living there for
at least 5 years.
• Applicant must have current full coverage homeowners insurance.
• Applicant must be current on all payments or have the home paid off.
• Household income must fall below 60% of the Average Median Family Income.
• Work requested must meet our repair guidelines.
• Applicant must be present during the duration of the repair work.
• Applicant must have a willingness to complete Sweat Equity.
• Note: Some projects may have income based repayment.
For information on how to apply, please email Kathleen Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.